View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #311
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
In for moar pug pics

JK. I feel you on having multiple concurrent projects.
You atleast faced it and made a decision. I mean you also followed it up with getting two more cars but nontheless, congrats.

Car looks sick, even with the mockup. I can't wait to hear it.
Thanks! There will definitely be more pug pics down the road once I bring the car home!

Yeah, I'm bad at the whole "one project at a time" thing, though I did sell the Miata a couple months ago, so now it's only the coupe and the corolla, but aside from picking up a 4ag, there's been zero progress on that front haha

The stars finally aligned and I was able to get my buddy and his laptop out to the shop with me. After doing a Zoolander "files are inside the computer" reenactment, we made some progress.

My lack of PC-fluency and Hondata's quirks made troubleshooting quite a challenge, but after restarting the computer, cycling the key 9000 times, changing out the car's battery, and a final software update, we finally got it running! For anyone else thinking about running a Hondata ECU, I'd definitely suggest having a PC nerd and WiFi when you go to start it up. I'm 99% sure I just never actually loaded the base tune onto the ECU and that was the source of my issues all along lmao

Quick video of it running

I'm dropping off the car to get the exhaust done and a bracket for the electric ps pump made on Thursday and then taking it straight to my tuner. Really hoping to have it all buttoned up and ready for a shakedown on September 9th! Super happy to finally be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.