View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #34
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Participating in outside activities will usually promote athleticism and demotes sitting on the couch eating chips or playing video games all day getting skinny from not eating enough. Neither healthy.
yes you are correct. However there are many intelligent people whom see outside activities as a waste of their time and prefer to plant their faces in books or computers trying to learn or solve problems. I wouldnt call these people lazy

Quote:
So then it's not getting any worse? You can't deny the ease to get entertainment, from video games or the internet, isn't a huge factor in making Americans(or any other) fatter, dumber, or lazier than before.
Absolutely obesity is an epidemic in America. In my opinion dumber and lazier not so much. With a lack of entertainment people tend to sleep or socialize with others more, they don't automatically devote that time to work. Education sadly has never been a priority in this nation reasoning why the majority of students and teachers arent motivated. There always seems to be someone trying to cut funding for it. Parents are the largest culprit imo why most students show minimal interest in education though. Look at Japan or Germany. They have all the same access to technology but their standards and emphasis on education are far above ours. So saying technology makes us fatter, dumber, and lazier doesn't really work. It seems that this is a scapegoat to say why we are sucking instead of looking deeper at ourselves as a nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_KA24e View Post
You Sir, are a complete fucking moron. How is it more beneficial? Lets think about this one for a quick second here. Real world skills you can actually use to feed yourself with should your government ever attempt total gun control, vs sitting on your lazy ass getting fat and learning to shoot using a video game controller. Last time I checked, no guns I have ever seen have ever had a firing system resembling anything similar to a video game controller. The only thing I can think of being similar are unmanned drones...

Piss poor attitude towards the schooling of today's youth is what's leading to low test scores. The school systems are severely flawed and over crowded to boot. Too many kids with too few teachers who hate their life of teaching is part of the problem. Parents who use absolutely no discipline in the upbringing of their children is another big one. I wouldn't want to do anything either if my parents always gave me everything I wanted and never said no.

Here's a prime example of a teacher who has Zero fucks left to give about the future of tomorrow...

High School Student, Jeff Bliss gives a lesson to his teacher at Duncanville, TX - YouTube
Let's try and stay civil. No he's not a moron. Picking up archery instead of Xbox really serves our society no better except in health terms(saving the country money of health care costs because of exercise) Reading a book inside and becoming more intelligent would do a better job of what you are explaining.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote