View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 11:12 AM   #123
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
1 year ago today, i picked up this car.

1 year later, all i've done is put a new carpet in:

from Auto Custom Carpets. i did all the work myself and it was pretty annoying. there are several areas on the corners of the "seat wells" that had either not enough material or a ridiculous amount of excess. either way...worth it. some areas look like they have "bulges" but it's just shadows.

step 1: take the old junk out.

step 2: remove the old sound insulation with a wire brush, remove the fat red wire (anyone know if it was for an amp or just a badly done battery relocation?), clean it.

step 3: old carpet goes on top of new carpet. i cut out the general outline, but they were too different to cut any other holes... i don't know who sized this at ACC but it really wasn't a direct match.

step 4: hire yourself to perform $0 of labor to install the carpet - lay it down, cut a few holes, take it out, cut more, put it back in...

step 8: dye your stock interior parts with $26 of fabric dye. the color is deep, it doesn't rub off, and i like it.

i'll throw some more pics after the whole car is back together and running. anyone want to sell me their valences?