View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 07:47 PM   #130
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I wholeheartedly believe that the correct way to clearance headers and exhausts is to dent the hell out of them. They never fit 100% unless you get bespoke tig welded etc etc for those of us with the occasional fleabay part on our car denting the exhaust is totally valid.
i still don't get how, with brand new motor mounts, these headers can hit the steering column. guess "flashark" didn't do any test-fits before they sold these to my previous owner for probably $5. it seems that "godsnow" didn't test-fit their exhaust either lol. none of the hangers line up.

so i REALLY want someone to cut through the collector on these headers, and weld it to a bespoke oval-tube exhaust with the hangers in the proper spots.

if i didn't have a mix of Enjuku, OEM half-stripped and broken exhaust studs, I would just buy nice new ISR/megan headers, which probably won't hit the column.