View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #58
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
well I'm glad you don't like it. But I sure do. Did you not read the part about them using couplers from the factory on GSXR's? maybe it's ghetto to you, but it's solid as a rock, so I don't see any reason to change it. What gain would there be from welding the ends of the runners together? They aren't going to flex at all now, so why do it? Casting marks on the inside are almost unnoticeable and VERY small. Not worth the work IMO. grinding down casting marks on the outside? how does that help performance? I don't care how it looks, just how it performs.

Also, welding the TB's to the manifold would cause quite a problem If I were ever to need to switch them out with different ones. If one gets damaged or the such, I would have to re-fabricate a whole new setup from the beginning.

I've done all of this thus far with a hack saw and hand files. I don't have any power tools, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out with the tools I have used.

From what I've been told by people who have done it, low end torque loss is very minimal. The gain in top end will more than make up for any minimal low end losses.

Jeff: exactly!

John: I plan to do it with hopes and dreams fyi!