Thread: STL Riots
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #66
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
IMO, I believe we do have a pretty screwed up the system. That paragraph I took from a CNN/MSNBC source (I'll post it up in another post) that had interesting information regarding that.

I should also say, in IMO when you compared 1ST WORLD (which is would be much more accurate then saying the entire world, which the article imply) we have a "much in need to be fixed" system. A booming incarceration industry, the lack of compromise when law-variations from state to state (tint laws, marijuana laws, drug laws, gun laws etc) citizens who getting locked up for felonies and hard time for non-violent crimes and in lots of cases, getting more time than actual violent, malicious, serial-crime committing felons. Man, and our rehabilitation system is an absolute joke. Police is given too much power many of the times that does infringe on our citizen rights.

I'm not saying that we have the absolute worst. Cause as you said, this comes with the problems of having a Democracy, a two-party controlling country with two entirely different views and agendas and examples of other countries as you mentioned such as Mexico, Panama, Brazil (I just got back from visiting family down there) and those systems are definitely wrecked. But our system needs to be repaired...before things start spiraling uncontrollably.
Fair but I do think some of the other First World Country examples need to be put into perspective. We have a large nation with a lot of people, many other first world countries don't suffer this problem. We have a ton of crime, a growing population of those who are being taught not to respect authority, less control than even many of those other countries, etc.

Here nor there, it can never be and will never be perfect. There will always be wrong doings and problems, you just have to hope and pray it never affects you. I feel blessed to be living in the United States, I feel we have been given the best state of affairs in the world, unfortunately I do feel current generations are doing their BEST to destroy it, and that is extremely saddening.