View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Began cutting up the oil pan to convert it to RWD only. The oil pan was a mini project in itself but was kinda fun!

Sooo much cutting, forget how many cut off discs i went through but it was a lot. Heres all the bits that came off

My friend Ben was able to get some aluminum round stock plugs for me that fit perfect!

Drilled out oil returns to 5mm for better flow

After and before

Tomei baffles installed!

I didnt really want to mess around with turbo elbows, manifolds etc coming loose so i decided i would replace all the hardware and find a good way to keep things tight. So i made a trip to PDM Racing and got these neat lock washers and hardware.

The lock washers are used in pairs (2 per bolt) and have ramps that face each other to prevent the bolt from backing out.

While i was assembling things for whatever reason i had to back off one of the nuts, i hadnt even torqued it yet and it was twice as hard to undo. So hopefully these will do the trick

Engine pretty much assembled!

First test fit in the engine bay. As expected i didnt bash the firewall enough in the starter area as well as the top of the transmission. Couple other small issues with brake lines etc

The real issues are with the steering shaft and the downpipes (as expected). The front turbo basically comes out dead center to the steering shaft. I have begun work on modifying and oldschool HKS downpipe i picked up. I will post more on this in the next update since ive only just started.

I am very happy with how it sits though, not to high or low, and not to far forward or far back.

Also my wheels decided to come out for some sun that day! (*^▽^)/

Decided to pick up some new coilovers. Owned my Tein HAs for waaay to long and they were on their way out.

These are TEIN drift master which are high up on the list of dream coilovers for me. They also have the EDFC which allows you to electronically change the dampening for front/rear from inside the car, pretty unnecessary but at the same time kind of cool haha

More motor pictures as well as my modded HKS downpipe to clear steering shaft

My superdrifts are now installed all around as well. Still need to fine tune the height etc once the body panels are on. Also ran all the wires for the EDFC. Since im running the GTR rear knuckles i had to swap to the fork style lower mount so i cut the mount of some beat up HKS hipermax i had laying around and got them welded on

New trans mount!

Ended up making some solid motor mounts. Many different opinions on these.. hoping with the smoother inline 6 its not too violent. We'll see, may end up changing them.

Theyre basically just 3" round stock cut to 45mm (By Ben Osborne, thank you sir). Then drilled a hole through the center, drilled and tapped a hole for that allen head screw to keep the mount from spinning in the crossmember and put a bolt through it. Was going to tap threads and do studs but this installed on the motor easier because i could just slide them in from the side.

Made these up as well so i can run my Z32 2+2 cables

Modded this GTST trans crossmember

Random cool parts picture!! 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

I had these knuckles made by a shop in Japan called Garage Clear. I told them a bunch of specs for my car and they made them accordingly, the sheets say what the specs are. They normally just deal with processing knuckles (you send your knuckles, they modify then send back) but since shipping would suck for me they were able to source the knuckles in Japan for me which was really cool.

You may have also noticed they are S14 knuckles, I will be switching to S14 front suspension (mostly for 5 lug hub availability).

They mostly deal with AE86 and have done over 150 pairs of knuckles on them!

Got this plate/light box sent over with some parts haha. Maybe throw it on if im running a day permit.. or just wire it and hang it on the wall hahah. These things look super cool in person

Couldnt pass up the opportunity to own this TOMEI cluster. I really enjoy collecting rare part

TOMEI strut bar as well. Couldnt fit a 3 point with the RB26 covers but this will do!

Got a new clutch slave cylinder as well as a braided clutch line.

Got my new driveshaft made with RB25 yoke and larger U-joints.

Here you can see how much beefier this thing is!

Made this power steering fluid return line and mounted this reservoir ive had laying around forever

I picked up this pipe kit a while back, its from a C35 laurel that had an RB26 swap. Its a combination of HKS and custom piping and seems to fit quite well on the turbo side at least, the intake side may need some modification but i bought it expecting to have to modify it more so im super happy

Box also included OEM R33 GT-R computer and a Greddy fuel fuel deliver pipe. Its just for standard 10.5mm injectors, i just find the OEM one to be a bit of a eyesore in the engine bay

Finding a water pump pulley (i was missing mine) locally wasnt happening so i also grabbed the TRUST pulley set for R33/R34. Stoked on these as well even though you dont even really see them in the engine bay

The piping all fit up really well and looks very cool

My wiring harness showed up the other day. The harness is super nice and was really easy to install. All the looms are wrapped in braided sleeving, everything tucks under the intake manifold, ignitor chip and injector resistor pack relocated into the cabin next to the ECU etc etc.

Was too excited to take pictures so i dont have any uninstalled photos (▰˘︹˘▰)

New bumper! BN sports type I

Was able to make my Mines intakes fit and still be able to close the hood

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd started the engine!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMx9W00vu8

NISMO power brace

HKS limited edition oil cap

For some real proper photos of my car check out constant revolution for another progress update!!!

http://www.constantrevolution.ca/201...-rb26-s13.html