View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
$10 stainless steel brake lines??

hey i was at my local autoparts store and i saw a huge rack of hard brake lines you bend yourself. Now i know that SS lines are for less compression loss in your lines, b/c the rubber ones flex and the ones wrapped in SS flex less. They are still rubber just wrapped right? anyway, i was thinking why not just get the the right length in hard line and bend it myself. then it would essentially be hardline from MC to the Caliper, with NO flex. I know the lines need to flex a lil bit due to shock/suspension travel, but wouldnt these still work? i mean, they ARE bendable, and with lowering springs and good struts (apexi & AGX's) the suspension travel would be minimal so does anyone think these would hold up? im thinking if i bent them at such an angle to where they wouldnt pinch when the suspension travels, but instead just bend a lil more it should work fine, right? I dont know if anyone else has thought of this but im sure their is some problem or more people would use them right? or is there???

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.