View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
You do have the choice. You have to pay a penalty because when you need insurance and don't have it then someone else has to pay for your medical bills. Like I said before, the individual mandate that requires you to carry insurance was originally proposed by republicans (more specifically, the Heritage Foundation, a right-wing organization), and advocated by people like Newt Gingrich to eliminate what they called "free riders" (or those poor people seeking care for free in the ER).
when did other tax payers pay for uninsured people before obamacare? i'm pretty sure collection agencies and lawsuits were used to get payments on medical bills owed by uninsured americans. granted these tactics were not always successful and there exists legal recourse to deal with those issues, but ultimately it would be the healthcare provider that would lose money. and this "penalty" is a tax, you do remember that the supreme court ruled on this right? they had to rule it as a tax for it to be "constitutional". if any of you think that this government whom can't even deal with their own skyrocketing debt (one of numerous problems that this nation faces) and a president who has lied numerous times about obamacare, particularly when it was said you will be able to keep your current health care plan, are going to be able to pull this off and not hurt americans in the process are naive. all i can say is keep ignoring those whom are already getting fucked by obamacare and as it gets worse keep listening to lying politicians who continue to get their campaign contributions from the very corporate entities that get the greatest benefit from legislation like this.

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual." --Thomas Jefferson