View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 12:46 PM   #4
Smurfey002
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Smurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura aboutSmurfey002 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Smurfey002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
When I installed mine I just went at it with a bucket of screws, haha. I did use some thin aluminum stock to make those stock wide-U shaped brackets that are on the sides and at the front post.

The only "trick" I can think of is to get a bolt and bracket used for the side skirt end caps and use that to "pinch" the edge of the bumper. Basically the lip wraps around too far to put a bolt directly into the bumper from the wheel well side, so the bracket is more like a clamp at that point.
ok thanks for the tips. Yes I have the lip already. It's a legit OEM one and not a repro.

For the center grill upper holes on the lip (not the ones near the ground, but the ones that thread in on the inner side of the "fangs" that stick out of the lip), you have to put holes in the bumper right?

I know where the U-shaped brackets are supposed to go, I just don't see how they're supposed to attach without also drilling a hole in the side of the bumper. I've looked at the factory service manual drawings and they're not really any help either.
Smurfey002 is offline   Reply With Quote