View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:49 AM   #600
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
No, you can't put 350z R230 gears into an R200. Yes, you can swap any R200 gears into any other R200, Q45 or whatever.

sidenote, if you have an s14 subframe in your car you can swap a 350z R230 with only conversion bushings. An auto trans 350z R230 will get your 1st-5th the same as they were with stock transmission & diff, 6th gear will be another overdrive. That's what I plan on doing whenever I put the CD in my car.

You are not understanding my questions (or which diffs carry which ring gear size). All the diffs in question are R200. Also please fix your terminology. What "gears" are you referring to??

Also, you have your diffs entirely incorrect. ALL 350Z diffs are R200. ALL Z32 300ZX TURBO diffs are R230. Also, you CANNOT swap any R200 "gears" into a 350Z. The actual ring gear, and pinion are of a different design

Not to be a dick, but please do not comment if you are going to just muddy the waters and through everything off.

I am asking

1) Can you swap a R200 pumpkin (say ATS 1.5 way or HLSD) into a 350Z diff (so basically swapping the ring gear onto the ABS pumpkins above)??

2) Can you swap a R200 pumpkin into a Q45 (keep in mind, the Q45 pinion bushing is larger in diameter than the standard 240SX/J30 diff)
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote