View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 08:32 PM   #35
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
I sell a ton of mono/2pc Work and cast Heritage wheels to my customers in that price point. I?m honestly not a fan of much else for s-chassis/related vehicles. I suppose Gram Lights are cool, and I sell them on occasion.

I don?t sell Kansei but I should. Chris is a cool guy.

I wish there were more offerings like the ?good old days? but Rohana and Forgestar are the alternatives. I can get those too if you lack taste.

Also thanks mav1178 for your insight.
Glad to see you still around. May contact you soon, about getting some wheels. What is your shop / site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
You said ?JDM? so I?m just responding to that.
Again, probably a bit of irony that was missed in my opener. I was going for the sarcasm, but the discussion turned much more serious than I anticipated, haha. I will even include "JDM" not necessarily by literal manufacturing, but on styled - stuff such as CST / MB is a great example, but alas, even that is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Enkei is a good example of a well managed brand. Sure, their wheels may be more on the boring spectrum, but they make a good variety of wheels to fit a good variety of cars.

Wheels are like cars. Consumer habits change and wheel design, color, size, and fitment need to change to adapt to the market. Successful brands keep going by virtue of managing their customer base and dealer network well.

Enkei?s largest accounts are Tire Rack, Discount Tire Company, and other tire chains that also happen to sell wheels. It?s not unlike selling volume into Costco, you sell the larger distributors at cost so you can keep a target cost structure going and make money off the smaller shops.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Can't you get a fair number of SSR/Advans/Gram Light for sub $2000 brand new? I know I paid considerably under $2000 for 17x9 Advans from a pretty well known retailer.
In 17's you can get close to $1500 +. I assume many are rocking 18s these days, like myself. Most SSR / GL are really close to 2k (if not past it with shipping) in decent sizing, last I checked Advans anything close to awesome sizing is easy 2k. You may can get like $100 or so below 2k, but that's really still not addressing the large $600 - $2000 gap problem for cool wheels IMO. It's just the way of the market these days I suppose. The sport is dying, cool cars are largely dying with politics playing a mega role as of late, and frankly - not much incentive to keep producing for a shrinking market I suppose. Sigh.