Thread: 97-98 name
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2001, 08:11 AM   #8
HippoSleek
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
HippoSleek is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh God, not here too!!

Okay, this is the fourth place I have seen this discussion and now it will no doubt start infecting threads ("Body kit for s14a?" 15 posts follow debating the topic. No one answers question.).

Apparently, years ago, a particular entusiast said that the agressive front 97-98 s14 shoud be dubbed "s14a" (s14 after minor change). The 95-96 s14 became the "s14b" (before minor change). The debate has continued b/c no one in their right mind would make "b" come before "a". This is HOPELESSLY CONFUSING!!

As for how it's done in other places: Australia - I've seen it done all kinds of ways. Japan - I've seen "a" on a couple sites, but mostly "s14" and "s14mc" or "sharkeye" & "roundeye" and most commonly "Zenki" (for earlier period) and "Kouki" (for later period).

It seems that the best way is to just list the year of your car! All this name game may make us think we're cool and all, but it causes more trouble than it's worth. If you need to feel "in the know," use Zenki and Kouki - they sound even more JDM and you will not confuse people (word trick: the "K" in kouki looks like the hood/lights on the 97-98).

(Edited by HippoSleek at 6:46 am on Oct. 18, 2001)
HippoSleek is offline   Reply With Quote