View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #153
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently dog shit baggies make great masking material. Sorry to the 3 or so fans that follow this build, I've been MIA "adulting" and being cold. I'm hoping to get back on this thing here and have it done before spring.

Getting ready to trim some more unneeded fat. The car is an SE so it had the crappy factory amplifiers that inevitably failed and had to be bypassed. The amp was in the back of the car so it has around twice the amount of speaker wire than the base model. I'll be ripping out anything stock related to the stereo and installing anything I need myself.

One of the best ways to spend time with your children is to get them involved in your hobbies. We picked up some wire cutters and got down to business.

Worked a bit more on the wiring tornado. It looks like a huge mess, but I have it mostly under control. I got tired of working on the wiring and decided to clean out the interior by removing the nasty carpet and vacuuming up as much broken plastic, dust, and other crap as I could. I'm trying to put in at least 1 hour after work per day and get this thing done. Wish me luck!

This was the main haul from a couple of days ago. Still a lot of trimming and other exciting wiring things to be done.

Never really de-pinned any automotive connectors (properly...), so I took this opportunity to sit down and figure it out. If you have a bit of experience with wiring and connectors it isn't all that hard to figure out. After the small connectors I got to move on to the SMJs; there is a lot of de-pinning to be done there. It looks a lot cleaner than it did though. More wiring work to come soon.