View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #298
yousmellfunnytoo

Trader Rating: (0)
yousmellfunnytoo is an unknown quantity at this point
I figured i'd toss in my 2 cents for my swap.
s13 - 1jz vvti - CD009 out of an '06 Z - Collins adapter - GKTech Shifter - ShaftMasters Drive shaft - Xcessive Mounts

I saw people posting about CBF performance. Jason is a scam artist and I will repeat and say that to everyone until I'm blue in the face. Avoid them at all costs. I was in the group buy, then paid to get out of the group buy because car was sitting ready to drive. After being dicked around for almost 4 months, he got sick of me harassing him and calling him out on everything, He refunded my money. Tried to do serial9 but they were out of stock for months too. GKTech came through and I got it in 2 days

I did have to cut the trans tunnel a bit and the shifter sits back a bit with the 1j. But it was like 220 bucks, so you can't beat that.

The collins adapter worked really well, poor documentation came with it, and there are only about 8 bolts that bolt the trans to the adapter. Also, the excessive transmounts only have enough room to get 2 bolts into it. I used a megan z32 trans mount for it too, because the poly s13 ones wouldn't fit right.

The trans is definitely big for the s13 body, mine hangs below the frame rails even after a bunch of pounding. Car is pretty low, so its scrapping on things, but we shall see how it holds up.

Driveshaft was a custom made one from ShaftMasters in Michigan. It was 392 shipped, and is 3" alum. Awesome fitment, super fast turn around time, and pretty reasonable price.

Collins kit was decent though, 350z clutch and pressure plate, collins flywheel, stock pivot ball, stock slave, no issues bolting it up. Did need 2jz GE starter though because 1j wouldnt work
yousmellfunnytoo is offline   Reply With Quote