View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Mike,

The big thing with your E chassis is that you need to get EVERYTHING from a DOHC car to make it work, lines/condensor/compressor etc.

Luckily the wiring is via chassis harness, so if the people doing the conversion wire wise (I know you did, just saying in general for those curious to it) do it correctly, it all works just like OEM

For reference, my brackets also don't require any custom lines;they were designed to work with the KA lines and to plug/play just like OEM. Some cars do require you to inbolt the one gromet on the firewall behind the head for some clearnence room around dump tubes and stuff, and other cars don't (which leads me to believe Nissan changed line suppliers at some time). The pulleys also line up perfectly.

Another thing to look into, is to make sure you compare what parts you have with my guide, as there are instances (albiet rare) where S13 cars will have the newer S14 parts on them (mid year 93/94 seem to be back and forth). Why Nissan did that is beyond me.

Funny irony of it all: I don't have AC on my car, I need to make custom lines on the passenger side (from the drier to the firewall) to clear my oil cooler stuff. as I wanted to isntall it using existing holes in the frame rail. Go figure the guy who sells the kits doesn't even have a working system on his car huh?!?! haha.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote