View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Konig is making a bunch of cheap flow-formed wheels but I wouldn't say any of them look great. Good for track days etc. because of cost/weight ratio, but very few are good looking.
That seems to be the problem. Design has fallen off the friggin wagon. You would think that people would see the demand for stuff like the Blitz 03, XD-7, Battle, etc. and try to make similar wheels. And before I get hit with the "reps" argument, many wheels inspired each other; Professors / Meister. The obvious truth is there are only so many ways to design a wheel, so it seems like companies today would get some inspiration form the past but maybe I am just way off on the thought. I don't buy and will never be a fan of full on reps, but just pre-facing before the inevitable pops up.

I will give some credit to Heritage, they have a couple of designs that are at least somewhat innovative and fall relatively affordable (these go right near 1k for a set) even if NOT my thing, like these:

326 Also makes some good stuff, the gangsta I think is darn good but at ~$2k very pricey for a one piece wheel IMO. I will probably throw down for some soon though, as again - one of the only newer options left that is actually cool and has good sizing (18x9 +5, 18x9.5 +15, 18x10 +5, etc.)

Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 03-15-2021 at 01:49 PM..
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote