View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #8
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Konig, Enkei, Gram Lights, Square (G33), Kansei, and Stage are pretty much the only companies making anything decent looking for affordable prices. Motegi racing used to make some decent wheels, albeit made in China, but apparently they make more profit on blingy truck wheels and "American Racing" wheels . They canceled all the decent models. I'm pretty sure this is very much case-in-point for why people are against knockoffs. It kills innovation in the market.

I feel like I might have to kill someone to get a set of 17x10 FN's off somebody one of these days hahaha.
I bought a set of Square G8 once (The Gravity Gullflame "reps"), just to beat on drifting instead of my Kranze. But... ehhh, I sold them before ever mounting them. I guess polished, or maybe painted white they would be inoffensive. That brushed look screams cheap though (IMO, of course), and it is more and more common. The G33 you are correct though, a good bang for buck design. Much in the vein of the Kansei tandem. They are just super conservative IMO, as Kansei doesn't get super concave until you go super wide and their sizing slightly misses the mark - like how they have 18x9 +12, but 9.5 in only +22. It is nice though, as both designs are cooler than %99 of what we see lately/

EDIT: https://www.carbynewheels.com/collections/sprints - these I always felt like were pretty "inspired" by the FN01r-C, but they don't have 17x10. Their sizing is pretty good though, and wheels super cheap if you are just after a similar look and can do 18s.