View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:21 PM   #20
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Wheels make a car in my eyes, you can run all of the cool shit under the hood and have an sick kit, but without a set of cool wheels, whats the point?

The sub 2k category is rough right now and has been for the last year or two, new there are few options that really fit our cars. Shit even the used market has most sets passing 2k if you want something that will fit without spacers or a re-build. I can't honestly say I know of a wheel that really fits the "hotboi" category that can be purchased new for under 2k right now.

/rantstart

I feel most young car "Enthusiasts" have a mindset of "cheap is good" that is reinforced by idiots on FB yelling about how great their cheap wheels are. They keep buying junk and feeding the industry of knockoffs, killing the incentive of the name brands who want to innovate and bring new designs out.

If you owned a company and made new, innovative wheels just to have someone else knock them off, would you even bother continue trying to make something new that will just continue the cycle of copy, paste? Its impossible to be original then compete with with the brand stealing your ideas and selling a full set of wheels to idiots for $600. Although they aren't directly competing, dipshits are going to go for the junk over the OG because they can get more IG likes per dollar if their car looks some kind of way.

We're all part of a small group that gives a shit about supporting the real companies that care about working to bring new product to market. Until there is a way to stop the rampant copycat bullshit I doubt we see many new, fresh, semi-affordable, quality wheels.

/rantend