Thread: JDM-Expo.com
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
perpetualdrift

Trader Rating: (0)
perpetualdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
I've done business with them a few times and have seen their yards, once in 2015 when dropping off a car they were shipping for me, and later that year when inspecting an R32 I was considering bringing back to the States. They definitely upgraded when I stopped by last year and saw their paved lot and new offices which was nice to see.

I've had a few guys I knew back when I was stationed in Yokosuka have JDM Expo ship their cars back, sometimes the Navy didn't like sending POVs or there was some other hassle and it was great they definitely pulled through, including paperwork on the receiving end for Customs and the Feds, all the stuff you need for your local DMV to process it.

I did have a problem later in 2015, with delay with the R32 I got from them, but JDM Expo stayed in contact with me and my friend that was helping since I was on deployment. Unfortunately, my car was held up for 2 months because of their receiving partner (Rivsu in Florida) was in some sort of disagreement between them. Not sure what that had to do with me as a customer since I paid expedited processing and Rivsu refused to refund that couple hundred bucks. Wasted my leave when I was hoping to have the paperwork to get my temp stickers so I could do a photoshoot in San Francisco.

I had more than enough headaches dealing with California as it would cost me as much as the car just to CARB-certify it so I ended up selling to a guy in another state by the end of the year.

All in all, decent experiences working with them, I think they have more reliable partners now since I know two guys that shipped with them last year and had no issues, I can't comment on the US branch since I had not visited nor processed any orders with them.

On their website each car tends to have at least two dozen pictures and a video and stuff, and they reply pretty quickly if you have questions or want to see records or close-ups of any part of the car.

Thinking back to my experience checking the car and what they had posted on their site they pretty much covered all the questions I had and let me check it out in person, I know not everyone can do that since I was stationed just a few hours away, but the website coverage was enough I didn't really have to visit, was still fun seeing a couple dozen Skylines in their yard.
perpetualdrift is offline   Reply With Quote