View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #40
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre
What do you use to tune?

HAHA funny you ask. About a year ago I was fucking around with an SAFC with only marginal power gains up to about 5HP probably at the most. Since then I have it sitting in my room. I'm on to bigger things like BIKIrom. Which NemeGuero of this forum and I are slowly going through the programming trying to devise a proper tune. His friend Bill set up the MAPS, that I will eventually take a look at. He runs a FI I am running NA. Right now I'm looking for a FED OBD1, seems to be somecomplications using a CALI ecu and throwing codes 32. So once that is in I'm good to go and tune as many times as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre
You cleary have NO idea wtf is going on in national SCCA after they let the KA24DE into racing. They see 8k daily and have no problem with bottom end.

Actually I DO!!! Rebello racing is down the street from me. I'll take there advice over yours or any body elses in the SCCA anyday buddy...
No it won't even come close to 7000RPM without wanting to fall apart. You need a knife edge crank and scrapper just to break up the resistance on that piece of shit half weighted crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressorlogic
tres tune prolly is dangerous....

so the only way u would have a safe tune at stoich would to have a very very modest timing curve.....

id imagine a safe A/F with a decently advanced timing curve would tune around 13.5:1-13.9:1 and have decent power....
Bingo....Atleast Tre has smart friends. At the rate that his timing is advanced I'm surprised that he doesn't have rod knock yet. Also retarding the intake cam only further increases leaness, as well as setting the pulse width back on the SAFC. I'm being an ASSHOLE because common knowledge knows that it isn't that smart to increase leaness, although achieving power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressorlogic

but in reality tuning to stoich like u say quite dangerous also.... stoich is 14.7:1 and that is too lean for modern compression ratios and timing curves.... so either you have a wide definition of stoich, or you could be lieng out your ass? i dont know...
Uhhh no it's not stock compression on the KA is 9.5:1 stoich is pretty safe. As long as it stays between 14 and 12 there shouldn't be any serious complications. especially since the knock sensor has a little bit of play in retarding the ignition timing, but then again we are talking aboput very little timing discrepencies....
Dropping below 12 is wayyy to lean.
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote