View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #81
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Super D Cup Round 4! It was pretty rad. the layout was a lot of fun. the morning started off very wet. i swear i watched like 15-20 runs before someone linked the layout without spinning (including me haha) but after everyone aired way down and figured out how to be gentile as fuck, it was game on!

super d qualifying is run like a jam session, where it's a free for all and the judges keep track of who is driving good and whatnot throughout the session, which is pretty rad imo. i was able to get in a ton of runs with dom, dan from daring partners, wolfreign aaron, and the animal style dudes before qualifying was over.

(just a couple pics from qualifying. more to come...)

top 16 battles are set up by randomly drawing out of a hat. as soon as they drew dom's name i had a feeling it was going to be a battle of the team mates. i was right. we did ro-sham-bo to determine who led first, winner leading first. i won. seemed like dom was on my tail the entire time, so going into my follow run i knew i had to push it, which led to some carnage hahaha

i cut the first corner a little too close, running over a tire, which instantly launched my sideskirt like a missile and almost came through my window. i also cut the second corner a bit too tight, which caused my already broken bumper to shed some fiberglass, which flew in the air, over my car, and landed on my trunk before falling to the ground. i think the mayhem helped me move on to the next round... to battle julian...

i lead first again. julian was on my door the entire time of corse. i did a hard chuck into the last hairpin to try to scare him off, but he wasn't fazed. again, i pushed hard on my follow. i guess it was enough because we went one more time. my second lead run was nearly identical to the first, but i was able to pull out a little more of a gap. on the follow, i was super close on initiation, but then halfway through the turn the car began to slow and grip up. somehow i was able to keep him from pulling out too much of a gap, but in the last turn i didn't have enough power to dig out, gripped up, and sadly lost the battle.

after the comp ended, i let my friend take my car out for a few runs. it looked like he was struggling, so i hopped in. sure enough, the car was down on power. i thought it was just a fluke in comp, but when i got back to the pits and looked through the bay i found the problem.

i was glad that it was a simple fix this time, but i didn't have any spare couplers at the track so i called it a day.

so amazing seeing how much everyone who has driven all (or most) rounds has progressed just from this silly little skidpad competition.

here's a little video from the event