View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #33
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Progress is being made although slowly due to life haha and owning two s13’s. Which brings me to the point that I will periodically update this thread with stuff about the other car aswell but the point of this thread is mainly focused on the red hatch.

So, I left off with my block and crank being dropped off at the machine shop. It’s been around two weeks now and I haven’t heard anything back so I’m still patiently waiting on that. The head is pretty much done officially. All I did to it was change the valve seals and exhaust studs to er spec and have the head milled.
I stripped my old spare valve cover and shaved the letters and painted it wrinkle black. I think it came out pretty rad even though it’s basic haha

I took something’s to work and cleaned them up. Mainly the lower timing cover, rear main housing and the pick up tube. I then replaced the front crank seal and rear main seal with oem seals.
Cleaned everything up and gave some of the stuff a shot of that aluminum spray paint just to kind of make things look cleaner

I’m super glad I cleaned out the pick up tube with compressed air and some brake cleaner lol there was a huge chunk of silicone that got sucked into it at some point in it’s life.

The one that was broken i had to weld a nut on to get it out lol you can see from the discoloration

New seals in and painted

Old valve seals out and new ones in and head back together!

Also went ahead and replaced the distributor o-ring and give it a clean and quick spray

So what’s left on the red car as far as the engine goes is
-assemble bottom end
-install new timing components
-simplify the intake
-clean up engine harness
-rebuild oil pump(parts are ordered)

Then the engine bay will get attention. Generally, I’m not a mis-match bay kind of guy, atleast I’m not now haha, but what do you guys think I should spray it? Torn in between a metallic silver or torch red like the rest of the car and because I already have the paint. But I don’t mind getting something else because I’d rather do it once and be satisfied...

Update on the other car
So, long champs are hopefully going at the end of this week because 14s are a bit too small for my taste so I picked up some pretty weak but cool wheels.
They are 4 lug avs vs-6 16x7+30. I’m going to have 25mm spacers behind them so they aren’t so sunk lol going to run 195/45s on them and maybe go up to a 50. They were just a little cheaper in that size so I scooped them.

The car as it sits now

Also picked up some suspension goods and some mirrors for the car.
I came across a set of some used spl tension rods that I got for a decent price.
Placed a order for all rear adjustable gktech arms and I’m probably going to get their subframe risers aswell just to follow the theme. Like I said, the goal of this car is to keep it simple and reliable. The most I’m probably going to do this car angle wise this year is the gktech roll center correction adapters( I know I should of held on to them) and slip on rack spacers. Trying to avoid the issues that a bunch of angle tends to give s13s.
Also, picked up a nismo gt knob, bride head pad for my zeta, and a 330mm nardi.

Going to transfer some lenses onto my ganador tails and run them on here. Probably going to be doing mostly type x aero on This car aswell.

I also picked up these mirrors for pretty cheap. They are Honda hurricane mirrors but not the rr version you see on streeter’s and Itai’s cars. These are the f model but imo still cool looking.

STAY GLEAMING
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote