View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #37
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
What’s up guys! I know no one probably really cares and my progress is lame but for those of you do who are even remotely interested I’ll just write up what I’ve been doing lately.

Progress has been SLOWER on the red hatch due to two things. Waiting for things and because the other hatch needed a lot of love so I could have something to get some seat time in come spring.

Got the rack bolted up and the subframe painted and everything looks pretty good and hopefully it drives that way. I swapped the oil pump gears in the cover along with the oil pump relief valve. I noticed that no shims cam out of the old assembly. Not sure if I should add the two that came with the new ones? Would like anyone who has experience with this opinion.

Got a call from the machine shop that the block is ready to go and had been cleaned and honed. Didn’t need to overbore it or anything so just going to run original size pistons. I need to go pick it up but my work schedule makes doing so a bit hard.

So here’s a couple pics of said progress and I’ll kinda talk about the black car.

What’s left for the motor aside from assembly is:
Arp head studs
Timing chain kit and tensioners/guides
Pistons+filing the rings
Main and rod bearings
Cleaning up the intake

Then I will really start attacking the bay.

In the meantime, I’ve been working on getting my other hatch to a drivable less of a shit box kind of state.
Dropped the rear subframe
Installing all new gktech arms, subframe risers
New axles
New lr wheel bearing
Exhaust mani gaskets and new studs
Valve cover gaskets
Deleting egr
New 02 sensor
New rear knuckle bushings
New rear lower ball joints

Basically a bunch of maintenance. Trying to decide on aero for this car currently have oe type x skirts, frp kouki bumper on the mail(thanks jyw0rld) and I can’t decide on wing and rear valance.
Here’s some pictures of stuff everyone on here has seen a million and then some times.

Also, had some es bushings laying around so decided to toss them on the rear uprights.

Got this sick cherry blossom shift knob.
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote