View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #56
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
What will be the replacement for Zilvia I wonder... It's becoming apparent that this place is languishing.

I came here when Freshalloy was dying.

I cant stand any other 240sx forums. Nico and 240sx Forums have always been inundated with idiots.

This place could really use a big overhaul. I say consolidate the 25+ different sub-forums into 4-5 sub-forums.

Close the open registration, and make new potential members apply by requiring them to show a picture of their S or Z car and a brief synopsis of why they want to be part of the forum and what they can bring to the table... This would greatly cut down on the redundant threads that new and clueless members make, as well as cut out all of the spam accounts.

I also think Zilvia is losing out on a good opportunity to fund this site through printing calendars with member's cars... like that one year we did it.

I'd like to see Zilvia have a real home page, with information and photos acquired through the exchanges on the forums all these years compiled into an organized and visually appealing encyclopedia of S and Z car knowledge.

I would be happy to help with any of this if there is an interest in the direction I believe Zilvia should take.
I love where your head is at, but the registration process needs a bit more thought. If we are too aggressive with new registrants it could cause more harm than good for the future of the site.

I do like the other ideas.The new forum designed of vBoards are a little, odd. this version, albeit old, meets the core function of a forum.

I will be willing and able to help with any of this, as well. I know there are a ton of other "premies" & veterans that are as well.