View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #1
Z3NKI

Trader Rating: (0)
Z3NKI is an unknown quantity at this point
Cleb?s budget SR Zenki

Sup Gents
Tl:dr - My whole vision for this car is SR20det powered street/drift car a la Jesse Streeter. bought a wrecked s14 and its taken four years to get where its at and it will likely take four years to get where its going.

I've been browsing this forum since somewhere around 2010, I used to spend a ton of free time oogling over cars on here and connecting with locals on MA240sx.net. I've had 6 or 7 s-chassis, but only 2 have ever been road worthy - I'm what some may call a wannabe.

I've always wanted to start a build thread, but never really had a reason, and then when I finally did put a car together worth documenting (maybe?), Zilvia was touch and go.

Into the car! - around 2018 I had pretty much decided I was going to just stick with e36's and would probably never own another s-chassis. Until I was browsing FB and came across a 3 hr old for sale post that was very cryptic. It had a phone number that was redacted, I messaged the add to a friend and in the thumbnail for the for sale ad i could read the phone number!

It ended up being an old man, whose daughter had crashed it, front end was wrecked but it ran and drove. $400 later and it was mine, I towed it home and let it sit in my driveway for about half a year. I finally decided one day that it was really only a hood and headlights away from being on the road, ratchet strapped the core support to a tree, found a hood and headlights on marketplace and started whipping it. It was enjoyable to drive even in stock form. Unfortunately I ended up having to daily it one winter and it turned into a rust bucket.

So i dailied it like this for a whiled auto KA was healthy, ngl i regret getting rid of it 😂 sold it to a friend for $400. Possibly my biggest mistake throughout this bag of mistakes.

This thing was actually sweet stock, heat, AC. Stock radio, cruise control all worked.

So my biggest problem in all my years of slapping cars together is that i love to order a metric ton of parts, stack them in a corner and then pretend like I?m going to be able to install everything in a weekend.
So i saved up over a winter, bought an SR20 from MD JDM, the one i snagged had 550cc injectors, splitfire coils and a tomei sticker on the ECU. $2600 (2019 prices), i also got brand new in box prime coils for $400 (from the legendary Lee Alexander of Alexander fabrication), 4 17x9 +20 5Zigen FN01-rc for $100, some assorted arms, brakes, downpipe and exhaust all as cheaply as i could.

Of course i started with all these parts, and long story short it was over a year before i got the SR running lol

In the middle of all this i sold my house and moved into a smaller house with a smaller driveway and no garage - car was running at this point but very poorly. I spent my evenings for a month or two getting the front and rear suspension and subframe sorted out.
I was finally gonna street the car! Lowered it off the jackstands, after months of hard work, started it up, intense smell of fuel. Looked underneath and saw a stream of fuel running down the fuel tank.

So dropped the subframe and fuel tank again. Tons of people suggested epoxy\jb weld, so i ground down the tank, got some fuel safe jb weld. Fixed her up good. Put it back in the car, filled it up with gas and? lasted about 15 minutes.
Luckily i have a clean shell that is identical, so for the first time i began robbing parts off of it. Swapped in the clean gas tank. Put it all back together. Finally ready to drive.

Grabbed some KBD skirts (awful) and attempted to color match the front lip (awful)

Drove it around a while, went to the first MA240 bbq in like ten years

Finally signed up for my first drift event in this car (awful). Broke a control arm due to being a piss poor welder apparently. Luckily i had spares and ended up getting some more laps in

Alright i gotta stop there for now, longest first post ever.

Coming up next in Clamhand Cleb?s adventures!

Final Bout SSE
Styling up (slowly but surely)
100 Drifters of December!
Sr20det problems! (Who would have guessed?!)
Z3NKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links