View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #3
Z3NKI

Trader Rating: (0)
Z3NKI is an unknown quantity at this point
So here we are.
In preparation for my 2nd drift event with this car, 100 drifters of December in summit point, wv. I decided to snag a cheapo knockoff kit after selling my kbd skirts. The rear bumper was smashed so i took a crack at redoing the fiberglass, ran out of time but learned a lot. I absolutely love the look with the new skirts and rear bumper. I look forward to the day i can do full BN though.

Unfortunately as is my usual, the event did not go as planned, I was only about 5 laps in when i noticed a ton of oil smoke coming from my exhaust under wot. My initial thought was ?well i haven?t driven the car in a long time, hopefully it?s just the turbo seals, maybe it will clear up, car was running perfect (albeit idling a little rough) making boost, good afrs. Once i realized the smoke wasn?t going away and it was an embarrassing amount i decided i better head to the pits and check things out.

I pulled the oil cap off and immediately smoke started blowing out, pulled the pre turbo PCV and same thing, a ton of smoke. So the engine has a ton of blow by. I got a terrible screen shot of a video i took, the haziness is the smoke blowing.
I honestly don?t know if it will come through over the internet, but anyway:

So i haven?t had a chance to do a leakdown yet but I?m thinking at least one cylinder needs rings. Once i fully diagnose it, assuming it is rings I?ll plan on doing a mild rebuild on the engine.

That pretty much brings us to present, I?m kind of hoping the engine needs a rebuild because I?d love to get this thing over 300 and do some reliability mods/clean some stuff up. Hoping i get the chance to improve the car and driving in 2023
Z3NKI is offline   Reply With Quote