View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 10:16 PM   #41
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Saturday off well spent working on this hunk of junk.

Got the turbo oil and coolant lines sorted to start the day, decided to give push lock fittings a shot. So much easier to assemble for these dumb little things and still look fantastic. Kinda wish I ordered a different fitting for the inlet on the turbo to avoid the long downward run, but it should be out of the way and do the trick.

Got to work chopping up my rear quarters finally. I've never done this before and it took me some time to figure out how I wanted to go about it. Finally decided I'd find the center of the arch and draw the new arch from there.

The initial cut looked good so I cut the outer lip off and got to hammering away. Gap was a pain in the ass to close up, but with enough persistence and disregard to my forearms cramping up I got it pretty close.

Now to preface this, I've never welded anything and only have a cheapo harbor garbage welder I borrowed to make this happen. With that said, I think it came out pretty damn good. Still needs a coat of paint and maybe some sealant, but overall happy with it.

Grabbed an over, taped it on and stepped back to enjoy the new look. Threw a 20mm spacer on to flush up the 18x10 +25 RG.

No better feeling than to see effort go into something that works out, car is finally coming together and man it looks great even in an un-finished state.

Front end fiberglass fitment needs some work still, but that will come once the DET is dropped in which should be very very soon