View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #32
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been steadily working on this thing. There has been a lot of problems that I have worked through to get this update but I am sure there are many more to come.

I began assembling the suspension now that the car is off the rotisserie. I added a gusset kit to the S14 rear subframe and also gusseted the RLCA's then sent them off to be powder coated.I also painted the diff and installed an S14 rear cover on it along with the diff stubs that villains converted to Z33 flanges

I installed Voodoo conversion bushings on the subframe and at it's highest position, it was touching some points of the car in a few places so I had to clearance those areas.This caused me to have to damage the new underbody coating so I patched those areas with some 2k raptor liner in the aerosol can, after that I got the subframe and diff installed.

At this point, I am moving into a new phase of the build. I have had most of these suspension parts for one to two years while I waited to finish the chassis work. I laid everything out that is getting installed now and got to work. I made a last minute change on coilovers, I found a new set of Silvers two-ways on a part out for $1200 so I scooped them up as I think this will add some benefits for me. They are a high level spec build by Silvers by being a long travel setup which are built around using drop knuckles along with bigger shafts and custom valving/spring rates.My only concern is will they go low enough for my build so I will be hanging onto my fortunes as a back up option if the Silvers can't get low enough and if I do not want to reconfigure them spring wise to get a little lower.

I got the wheel faces back from powder coating. This turned out to be a huge ordeal, the 1st place I took them to made a lot of mistakes and ruined my center caps. This took 2 months to sort that ended in me getting a full refund and having to order new centers from the UK. I found a new place and they turned them out in a week and did a really good job. I would of had a complete update on the wheels all back together but I struck bad luck again while ordering new wheel bolts. VRwheels was out of stock on gold bolts and three piece was like $80 higher so I did a search and found "www.Calwheels.com" and purchased them but turns out that was a scam site that was copying VRwheels inventory and address so I had to work on getting my money back there. VR is restocking this month and I am about to travel to California so hoping to drop by and pick them up in store.

I moved to the front now that the rear was assembled, did the GkTech power brace kit and had that powder coated. I was held up for just over 2 months waiting on THL to ship my front subframe, they went on a bender and I had to file a PayPal dispute because they were MIA for 3 months. I ordered a destroy or die front subframe and got it in less than a week which really helped out. THL came out from hiding and shipped the subframe that I ordered in April at the last day of the PayPal dispute so now I have two subframes which I will sell one or the other after I determine which one is the best for my setup.

Front end is assembled, I then installed the power steering setup. Everything is mostly just roughly installed with adjusting everything out still needs to be done.

Next piece of the pie is to get the brakes rebuilt and refinished, they are took apart now and heading to be sand blasted and then I will paint and assemble them. I live like 20 minutes from Z1 and they stock most all of the rebuild parts so I'll cruise by there once I get back from California