View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 06:50 PM   #37
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
I did a lot of searching on products to use to paint the calipers, I wanted to use something that would be good long term. I ended up finding this company called One Hit Wonder, they make hydrographic paints but have tested their base and 2k clear up to 400 degrees so I ordered their Brite Red base with their 2k clear.

I made this rack to paint the calipers out of PVC pipe and got to work

I let the calipers cure a few days and sanded the paint off the letters and prepared to start assembling. I bought all new zinc bolts and hardware. They look awesome.

Now I turned to the wheels, got the gold assembly bolts in and put them back together after powder coating. I realized I didn't take a pic after I put the new tires on. The rears in this pic have 235's instead of the 255's that I mounted after I took this pic.

Now I am finally at the finish line of getting the car off the blocks. It's came such a long way from being a near dead 240 to what it's progressing to be now.

I'll be getting it prepped for paint now, there is quite a bit of work to before it's ready so will probably be a while before that happens.