View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I also got my kit in the mail last week and wasn't 100% happy with what I received.

This was originally marketed as a COMPLETE kit, which it is not. The shifter does not come with the reverse lockout plate that goes on top of the shifter, or the spring that goes under the shifter cup. A new oem transmission does not come with these parts, and I've been having trouble finding these parts online to order them. Particularly the lockout plate. Also, it should have came with a linkage from the shifter to the gear select rod on the transmission, not requiring you to have somebody cut and then weld the original shift linkage. This could have easily been provided by Mazworx.

The kit was originally marketed as fitting in the factory shifter position. Sure, it fits in the area of the shift boot, but I did not expect to have to cut the shifter hole in the chassis multiple inches to accommodate their shifter. Especially when other companies have made shifters that DO fit in the stock shifter hole with no cutting required at all.
Bringing me to the shifter itself, it appears to be either a Circuit Sports or B&M Z33 short shifter, or even a cheap ebay knockoff of them. It is unclear what it is exactly. This was the most disappointing part in the kit as I fully expected a custom shifter solution made by Mazworx, and not just a relocation bracket. This is something I repeatedly inquired about since pre-ordering in November and never got a response on the matter until it showed up.

As far as warranty and trimming the input shaft, I can't imagine anybody warrantying the transmission anyways after you cut the bellhousing off, even if the input shaft didn't need to be trimmed.
From the beginning it was clear that the bellhousing would have to be cut off because it does not un bolt in the required area like an sr/ka trans does for example.

The welds on my transmission crossmember look great to me.

At this point I'm most likely going to be buying a shifter kit from another company for 3-400 more dollars, that is already complete and doesn't require additional parts to both be sourced, and have to have parts fabricated on my own. The shifter offered by InsaneDrifters seems to be the best thing available right now. Sadly I'm kind of wishing I would have went with an InsaneDrifters complete kit in the first place as it uses the factory dowel pins to center the input shaft unlike other adapter plates, and I could have had it at my door months ago for less money.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote