View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #3136
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
You don't happen to have any pictures of the wheel wells do you?

I upgraded from stupid stretch tires to 265/35/18 (Yokohama S-Drives) on an 18x10 wheel with a -3 offset. I have about 1.5 degrees of negative camber up front last I checked. I have yet to get the car corner balanced. Obviously having problems with full lock now, not that I race or anything. But navigating into driveways and parking have become a see saw affair.

I'm not rubbing the front tubs, just the inside where the seam line is, and it looks like it's tugging at the harness now, so going to have to relocate that.

Here are some pictures.

I know some negative camber will fix any of the rubbing issues I'm having such as the passenger side. But I'm also sure a corner balance would fix this as well since I've never gotten one. Always eyeballed it.

Clearly a sledge will help, but I'm wondering if I should do anything more than that?

This damage is only on the passenger side, so far it's cut pretty deep into the tire i'm afraid, so I've parked the car until I figure out what I'm going to do besides break out thor's hammer. Hopefully it didn't compromise the sidewall at all.

I had a similar problem. There's a lip up there that cuts into the tires. Just hammer it till its out of the way or till its flat. There really isn't much more you can do without major fabrication.