View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #686
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSTIG View Post
^^^^^^
Not meaning to start an arguement...

Optimal wheel base depends on what kind of racing the car is used for; a shorter wheel base would be better for autox and small courses, where as the 2+2 would probably be better for larger, higher speed courses.

wheel bases:
2 seater: 96.5 in.
2+2: 101.2 in.
^(I really doubt 5in. makes that much difference for general driving purposes)

As far as curb weights go, the tt's are a bit heavier (due to turbo's, hicas) at about 3500 lbs.
Nissan 300ZX (Z32) Performance Statistics
Regardless, a car can still handle well despite extra weight (new GT-R for example, 3800 lbs.?). That being said, less weight is usually better.

In the end, it all comes down to which one fits you better as far as performance needs go or which one looks better to you. Personally, Function > Form.
Heh, guess I got my weights wrong. Either way, the TT 2+2 is the heaviest of the bunch. And yes, the extra length does make a different. I know of several owners who have driven both chassis at different events and have noticed the differences in how they naturally respond.

Granted, the shorter wheelbase is nice for autocrosses, but IMO, the 2+2 is the more ideal chassis for the majority of driving events, such as road racing and drifting. Has a more neutral feel to it, while the 2+0 has the natural tendency to snap.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote