Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #91
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
K, while you guys bitch at each other imma chime in.

I just went from an s13 (TypeX SR) to Z33 (07 HR engine). I did it primarily because I was tired of driving around a buzzbox and just wanted a 00'+ car in general. My opinion.

Pros:
-Out of the box power, just bolt on some coilovers and have fun.
-Not a rattling POS with limp suspension yet
-Nice interior (IMO) higher build quality, feels more like an Infinity then a Nissan. I actually like it better then my roommates FRS.
-Great transmission
-AC in a fucking drift car wow
-Cops don't stare daggers at you
-Not as paranoid about it getting jacked

Cons:
-Not as fun (lacks boost)
-Can't fit shit in it (looking into hide-a-hitch trailers)
-Poor aftermarket for dress up (everything looks ricey imo)
-Shitty VLSD
-Shitty VDC that can't be fully disabled with the button. (Need to pull the plug which kills VDC, ABS and YAW, otherwise YAW will still kick in with VDC off)
-Extremely shit rearward visibility, I merge like a grandma now.
-No sunroof (I fucking love sunroofs, wanna fight about it?)
-GARBAGE E-BRAKE

Overall I'm happy with the jump. I only manage to drift a handful of times a year but driving a nicer car day to day has proven to be worth it. Can't attest to track performance yet though, coilovers are still in the box and I'm trying to pick a 2 way diff. Probably going with Kaaz Super Q.

This too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
1 more thing z forums suck for any info.
Full of idiots having discussions over lowering springs, if 18x9.5 +25 wheels will fit, and general spoon feeding of info. I really hope a Z33 board takes off on Zilvia.