View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 03:46 PM   #8
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
So after pulling the pump again and inspecting it I noticed the two rightmost bulkhead connectors are all burnt out — did some more testing and that turned out to be why the voltage wasn’t passing through.

So following this tutorial: https://conceptzperformance.com/blog...stem-addendum/
I went about creating a new fuel pump harness. I was planning on defeating the stock FPCU anyway so it just made sense, and it all would have worked out even better if my FPR worked lol
Desoldered connector from the junk FPCU that came with the car

New bulkhead bottom side

Top side

Tested that and reinstalled in the car and finally heard the pump priming — I think the fuel pump relay also needs to be replaced because the first time I had the harness connected and reconnected the battery the pump started running right away, even with no key in the ignition. No good. After swapping some relays around I got it to work correctly and prime for 1 second with the key and then turn on while cranking but I don’t trust the relay now so that’s on the list as well. By this point I realized the FPR wasn’t holding pressure so I held off on trying anything else until that’s sorted but I’m making progress.

Then I had to pack everything up to sit for a couple weeks so figured I’d button the front end back up after pulling everything off to address the radiator support

And that’s where I’ll leave off for now, thread’ll be pretty dry until December 15 or so but hopefully I’ll have some new parts stacked up by then and I can get back at it and get her running.

Last edited by zwzweston; 02-28-2024 at 08:59 AM..
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote