View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks!

I apologize to all that there aren't more pics of the patch panel process and welding, so many little custom hammered pieces went into this thing that I just didn't keep up.

Anyway, this was about the point where I figured I've done all this work, I might as well do it right and piece together what I want, build the S13 equivalent of my old A70 Supra, a nicely tuned 90's era daily/street car, except this time a little more refined.
I knew I wanted a sort of period correct build, lots of rare old tech, something that looks like it could have been locked in a garage the past 20 years.

So I set to work and stripped every single nut and bolt and piece of plastic off the chassis, nothing was left to hide.

More rust! And not just any, this was the most difficult to repair, mostly because I looked for months to try and find the donor sheet metal. EVERY SINGLE 240 I found (that I could cut up) was rusted out in the same area.

You can see below that the best patch panel I found (that my wife and I drove 2 hours for) still needed significant repair, but it was far better than what was on the car.

While I was cutting up the body we decided to fix the irritation I had with the seats being too high and too far off center with side mounts and sliders, because of the hump in the floor brace.

So I chopped it out on both sides, lowered it, beat the entire catalytic converter hump down about an inch and made it look like nothing was ever done at all.

Also built some seat brackets to hold my old Sparco Evo's, with a sub brace for the crotch harness.

Last edited by projectsupra; 07-05-2020 at 04:35 AM..
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote