View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #14
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
With that done we moved on to the fuel system, the stock tank was rusted out, new from Nissan was unavailable, and I tried for weeks to find a good used r32 or s13 tank that didn't have cracked baffles or rust inside.

I eventually gave up and picked up this aluminum fuel cell to hold us over.
I know it's not ideal, moving the weight up and fuel into the cab, but I really didn't want to hack up the floor and drop $1K on a fuel safe, maybe another day.
Gave it a pressure/leak test, and ended up having to have some edges rewelded but it's good now.

Yes I know the tank is backwards, but it made plumbing much nicer, and there's 3 run dry pickups distributed inside.

Then found this KOYO w/ FAL fans locally, of course gave it a good chemical bath and straightened all the bent fins.

After that we were on easy street, made some patch panels and filled the rear marker lights and front fender markers, found a rust free hatch and filled the 3rd brake light, and even picked up a set of Works9 sideskirts.

Hung the doors and found out I had to shave over 1/4" from the bottom of both doors so it didn't rub the sideskirts. Rewelded the entire bottom seam, put them back on, fixed all the gaps and made sure every panel lined up nice and straight.

Then we went over and put a good pull on all 4 fenders with the eastwood roller, and hammer and dolly to make sure everything was perfect, no rubs.

After a little pre-body work it was off to the paint shop for some color.
Little did I know the car would be there for nearly 4 months.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote