View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 08:10 AM   #22
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
With the car still at the paint shop we continued restoring parts, starting with the newer model R134 HVAC boxes, ducting, and lines I pulled out of that red convertible.

Lots of cleaning, and replacing foam where needed since most of it has disintegrated after 30 years.

Next I pulled apart the SR20 transmission, since I'd never actually driven the thing and I wanted to reassure myself the clutch was the problem from before.

Everything checked out inside, so after a good scrubbing and some paint on the steel, new gaskets and seals, it was just reassembled.

After that it was time to tackle the wiring, since the parts 240 was a full option car and mine was a base manual window model, I pulled everything from it.

More cleaning, unwrapping the entire harness to check for visible breaks or damage, checking continuity, repairing, then rewrapping the whole thing in new TESA tapes. I didn't want any electrical gremlins when this car went back together.

Then finally, some progress from my painter.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote