View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #27
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
So the list of things to do was slowly getting smaller, now it was time to tackle the SR20 wiring. Sure I could have bought a premade conversion harness but where's the fun in that.

Huge thanks to whoever uploaded the SR20 FSM, saved me so much headache.

This is what I had to deal with from the previous owner, so many pins were in the wrong location, and so much just snipped.
I'm honestly surprised it ran at all.

Once I was reasonably confident the ECU wiring and engine harness were fixed we fabbed up mounts for this nice remote battery block from an E36, threw a battery in the back and started plugging fuses and relays in one by one.

And after so many years rusting away, it's alive!

Then my wife surprised me with some new kouki tails.
Snipped the plugs from the old lights and soldered them on the new lights.

Had to deal with this mess, making a subharness for the NX cluster.
But of course that was no big deal.

With the NX cluster in, I had to throw in my Apexi ELII's, but they were pretty dim and had issues after so many years of use. Luckily Apexi USA is amazing and hooked us up with some spare parts, pulled them apart and got one super nice set of gauges again.

Built a bracket for the Bosch 044, ran some lines and plumbed everything front to back and a new Fuel lab FPR.

While I was under there I modded the exhaust brackets to really pull the exhaust up tight to the body, didn't want to crush the FGK can.

Starting routing temporary lines to make sure everything was working.

Made some brackets to properly mount the FAL fans to the Koyo.

We chopped up the original S14 PS reservoir bracket to fit the S13 bolt holes, and threw in some new bushings.

Threw the seats and harnesses back in.

Welcome to the late 90's

Checked and double checked all the fluids, fuel, brakes, coolant, suspension bolts, anything I might have missed.
Cranked the key and it fired right over, no overheating, no issues.
After what felt like an eternity fixing rust and repairing every single part on the car, we finally got to drive it.

Finally after months of searching for 180sx quarter windows with good rubber trim under $500, I gave up and just tried to find any windows with good trim.
Eventually found a pair, and some really nice hatch glass, and got them glued in.

Wife and I finally getting to enjoy the 240 and it's first night out on the town, few things compare to that feeling.

Last edited by projectsupra; 07-13-2020 at 10:12 PM..
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote