View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 08:15 AM   #2
PhilthyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfection
NES > Master System
Never even saw a master system. But also never saw R.O.B. in the flesh either. Super Mario 1-3, Tyson’s punch out, excitebike, Legend of Zelda, TMNT, double dragon, contra, Metroid, Megaman, Tecmo Bowl, Ikari Warriors (brothers?) and I forget the rest.
Never called the tip line, but I guess that was a thing. I think a few friends had the Power Glove but it wasn’t that cool.
Peak NES was going to the local premier of The Wizard and they gave us issues of Nintendo Power. That was a sweet mag.

I call Genesis v SNES a toss up.

Super Mario world was cool, but Mario cart with a 4 splitter was the best. All the “super” sequels were pretty good. I started playing final fantasy on SNES, I forgot the number. NBA jam, sim city and mortal combat were good.
I had one friend with super scope. It was cool, I forgot all the games but they were fun

Genesis
Sonic was cool but in a different way than Mario. I had genesis first and later SNES. Games I really liked were Rambo III, Pirates! Gold (still my all time fave), altered beast (poooower up), golden axe, Desert Strike (I think I have one of the sequels too), populous, smash tv and Madden/College Football’s National Championship.

It was also cool that 1. There were still arcades and 2. Many games were available in both like NBA Jam.

I don’t think anyone I knew had one, but Turbo Grafx 16 was around too. I always heard about Neo Geo but supposedly the games were like 500 bucks so nobody had them.