View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 09:10 AM   #103
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I've finally gotten to do the interior! I wanted to keep the OEM + theme and took some inspiration from 90s luxury cars (and ferrari leather color). Dyed the carpet and floor mats black, installed nappa leather seats and door inserts and center console lid.

I used SEM ColorCoat Landau black aersol for the carpets. The carpet is still nice and soft and the color is very even. 10/10 recommend this for anyone who wants "OEM" black carpet.

The floormats are higher pile so I decided to dye them with RIT dye, soaked about 12 hours then let dry. I wasn't totally happy with the color, it was still slightly blue green and purple in some spots so after they dried I sprayed with a few light coats of the colorcoat as well. I'm super impressed with how this came out using the ColorCoat. It really makes the biggest difference for not much money or effort.

The seat covers were from ridies.com in cognac/miata orange. I'm pretty pleased with the fit and the install was straight forward even if there were a few expletive's here and there!

sound deadening installed while it was all out. This is a cheaper brand but had great reviews so we will see...

Also painted and put on a JDM grill. I do have to say I prefer the fit of the USDM grill around the headlights much more but maybe I'll get used to it.