View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 12:48 PM   #38
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
and here we are. sorry if some pics are huge.

installed the BMW flex joint on the driveshaft after giving up with my shitty drill bit and having a machine shop drill press through the bushings. it's clear the driveshaft isn't all the way into the transmission, is this the difference between an ABS and non-ABS driveshaft? maybe the previous guy installed the wrong one during manual swap.

either way - 85% of the vibration in the car just disappeared after installing this, and the rest is from the carrier bearing. i'll go one-piece in the future.

after my clear tails are here, and after i start this new job i got, would like to pick up more OEM+ skirts and an Eastbear lip. KA will likely remain stock for now. over a longer period, i will definitely pull and sandblast the subframe, do new bushings and replace some of the rusty front pieces. have to also learn how to sand and repaint a couple areas. i also plan on swapping for 40 sidewall tires and lowering it a bit more to match.