View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #19
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Well well well... The last few months have been one hell of a rollercoaster.

Lets dive in!

First off, i purchased a 3D printer (Ender3 V2) because i wanted to be able to make my own parts and get something more unique.
So i started with a cupholder.

Nothing special. But it gave me the inspiration to create more things. Im still a newbie in Fusion360, but im practicing in making a center for my Work Euroline

So i finally found a 12point top that fit the ARP headstuds, so i could get the head installed on the engine, and get the engine back into the car.

Its so nice to see the engine finally together.

I had some problems with the oil feed line as the ones i purchased was for m10 on the turbo side, but my turbo was a M12, so i had to make my own.

And everything is finally together

Getting ready for gearbox install

And we threw the engine and gearbox in the car.

I was a idiot and didnt drain the gearbox for oil before doing this, so i had 2 liters of gearoil on the floor... Not the greatest thing... But shit happens

I fixed all the small things like installing a cheap oilpressure gauge and installed all the vacuum lines and intercooler piping

We turned the key, and the car started right up. It was a moment i was super afraid of, but engine started and sounded healthy. Only problem was the timing belt that was to tight and was singing a lot.
i figured it wasnt the worst thing to let it idle and bleed the watersystem.

After about 10 minutes the exhaust manifold started to smell like burned oil.
By some reason the oil feed line wasnt tightened properly, so i had to tighten it. But there was a small highup... I cant tighten it with the turbo installed on the manifold... Only thing to do is to remove the manifold and turbo, take them apart, and then tighten the bolt... That was a pain in the ass!!! Next time ill go topmount turbo :P

And the disaster is coming closer...

I was under the car to install the driveshaft and saw this

Not the worst thing, but damn... at least fix a fuel line leak properly...

And now for the worst news.... But first, some high quality danish bacon!

And the disaster... I let the pictures speak for it self... but just guess what happend.. I will take care of it next weekend with some help from a CA18DET-guru

Anyway. Yesterday my friend started cutting up the sills to replace them with new ones.

The right side didnt look to bad, but the clumps in there is actually bondo from when they installed the Veilside bodykit

And while he cut open the car, i changed the headlights from RHD to LHD. Thats one thing less the car can fail inspection on.

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote