View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
except for the j30 axle dust shield ,had to grind off to fit 89 s13 w/ N/A Z32. dont know if thats relevant
Post a photo, its hard to understand what you did or are suggesting to do.

The J30 axles are 100% drop in, I did not have to modify anything. In fact, the metal grease covers are flush with the J30 whereas the S-chassis have a bump or cone that protrudes from them. I attached a photo that shows the difference, you can see the bump on the S-chassis grease cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligoodn View Post
What model year R32 did your output shafts come from?
I picked up a set from a '93 and the diameter was too big and they had more splines so they wouldn't work with my S15 helical. Maybe early model R32s had smaller ones.
People need to specify precisely which model Skyline, because it appears a variety of differentials were used on the 32/33/34 depending on whether it was GTST, GTR, or VSPEC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axle.jpg (28.6 KB, 143 views)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote