View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation View Post
What would be your sub 100k (price range) dream car to modify?
That's a really good question because it's actually very tough for me to answer. I'm the type of guy that would rather buy a $10k car and put $90k into it. That way I'm not driving some stock $100k car that every doctor, rich guy owns. But if I had the loot to buy a $100k car AND modify it, then I'm gonna go with a slightly used Porsche 997 911 Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Have you used any of the free-air subs that are designed to be used in the rear deck? Like the Kicker 10CVT654 for example.
Yes, especially back in the very early 90's. They will never perform as well as a subwoofer in a conventional enclosure setup, but there are obviously several advantages. The big one is no enclosure taking up space... and along with that the price of said enclosure. If you want a free-air sub I would recommend either FI or maybe some of the JL Audio free-air marine subs. The FI stuff is really good for a very reasonable amount of money. No matter which sub is chosen it's very important to make the mounting area is as rigid as possible. Basically you would be making a baffle out of 3/4" MDF and then screwed to the underside of the rear deck if possible. The subs would then mount to the underside of the MDF. You would also want to sound deaden the top of the rear deck and underside before you screw the MDF on. Then use as much power as the sub(s) will handle.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote