View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 09:29 AM   #24
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
i was thinking more from the persepective of less chance of possibly breaking the old plastic connectors on heat tempered/weakened plastic with an oem/original harness. (less chance of breaking one if only opening one vs 4)

im kinda suprised that the ignitor bypass connector dosent take care of the coilpack wiring change needed, and why the ws harness for the coilpack conversion is almost double the cost of the oem replacement coilpack harness
I figure most of the time you'd be using a newer harness anyway for this type of upgrade. Plus you'd want to keep the pinout as correct as possible.

For the second part, ignitor bypass just removes the ignitor from the signal path between the ECU to the coils. So there's no way for that to have any affect on the coilpack harness anyway. Technically the only difference in the sub-harness is the pins for 12V and Ground at the coils, so no change in the signal wires.

I'm not sure about their pricing (my guess is just because it has "GTR" in the name, it gets taxed) but you can always just get either an S15 replacement sub-harness, and it'll be plug-n-play. Or get the S13/14 sub-harness and swap the wires at the coil packs as I've described above.

Right now WS the S13/14 harness is on sale for $69. Add in the ignitor delete for $35 and at $104 you're saving a few bucks compared to the $150 they want for a "conversion" harness ...for essentially the same darn harness.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote