Thread: Car Stolen!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 02:31 AM   #21
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciamop
It's a sad fucking state of affairs when the VICTIM has to badger the police to do their job...
That's not it....there is sooooo much shit going around & not enough money/resources to handle it that the cops are too busy running around trying to handle stuff incident by incident. Unfortunately there will never be enough money or cops to handle it all. People throughout history have always been doing stupid shit, regardless of the existence of laws. Cops can only do so much....
Quote:
It would be nice if law enforcement vigorously policed these sorts of crimes.
Unfortunately, car theft is very low on most agencies' agendas: Terror and Drugs are much bigger federal/state funded cash cows.
Cops DO investigate these sort of crimes...problem is, they need evidence to take to court. Remember your Civics/Government class and your Constitutional rights. The accused have the right to hear the evidence against them. Even though a cop can take the results of a criminal investigation to a District Attorney and ask for a prosecution, ULTIMATELY it's up to the District Attorney to file a case. No evidence, or not enough evidence...no case. And even after a case has been filed by the District Attorney, a judge can still toss a case. Somebody was asleep in their Civics/Government class that day eh?? hahahha....

Crimes against people will ALWAYS get priority over crimes against property. You can replace a car.....you can't replace a life.
Quote:
Although I do pay $10 per year 'Law Enforcement Fee" through my insurance, I seriously wonder where that money goes...
Todd
93 Coupe
91 SE-R
Then ask!!!....Worse thing that you can allow to happen to you is to let your local State legistator write a bill & expect you to pay for it. Taxation without Representation.....All that $10 bucks is doing is making the insurance industry richer....Go raise some hell!!

Anyhow, that's my opinion....it may be wrong or right at the moment or it may change later but I'm entitled to one....that's what make America so great.

ID
Crime Scene Tech

PS:
Cliff notes: Car gets stolen...ask for fingerprints when found. Followup with detective every so often. Detective CANT track every case NOR is results of evidence testing available immediately, but with time answers come in. Just be patient and remember to followup.