View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
I started pulling the motor out, it has a rod knocking and I've got a buddy whose wanting it so I'm gonna get it out of the car and get it out of my shop.

My buddy's car is hogging up all the jack stands so I had to go buy some more. This car is special to me even tho its not mine, this was my very 1st 240sx back in 2004 that I mentioned having in the intro, My buddy found it in a field earlier this year with an uncompleted SR20DE swap, he sold the swap and is preparing to buy a motorset for it.

Someone's idea of "battery relocation"

Got it out, went smooth other than undoing crappy work from previous owner.

I drained the clutch fluid and this is what I got, seems a little dark to me but that's just my opinion.

I loaded the swap up and headed over to my buddy's place to drop it off. He has some cool stuff so I snapped some pics while i was there.

The 300zx is making around 500hp, it's a fresh build and he's working out a few kinks and then its going to Z1 Motorsports to get tuned. The cefiro he hasn't had long and its currently getting the R32 front end swapped out to the original cefiro front end, Rb25 stroker motor and his RB26 build which looks like its incomplete but i just didn't get a snap of the bottom end parts, close to 10k already invested. Overall, good dude to have around with his knowledge of RB motors and just general Nissan things.

I headed back home to clean the engine bay up before the miss gets home, she'd kill me for degreasing this thing in the driveway but i don't have another option so a man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.

I got a lot of the dirt and grime knocked off along with the black spray paint.

I'm getting rid of this contraption in case anyone is wondering.

I forgot that I had picked up some parts from my buddy that got the KA, I got a nice chassis harness that he pulled from another S13. The harness on this car is pretty bad in some places so I'm gonna cut this harness down and install it. I also got a good steering column with a good ignition switch, The ignition switch on the car currently is bad and the previous owner spliced into it and put another switch in that has to be turned with a flat head driver and I'm not down with that kind of thing so I'm gonna fix it right.

I got the "race seats" out and man these things are terrible along with the rails somebody custom built for them. It's sad to see the amount of work someone went thru to make these things work in the car and the amount of safety that was sacrificed in the end just to have that " race car look". Atleast I am able to stockpile some bolts and nuts.

I then went on to cleaning up all the garbage and removing the windshield, seat belts and other things I'm not gonna need. I'm gonna get the rest of the interior pieces out next time i work on it and then buy some dry ice and get the sound deadening out.

I took some more pics of the motor swap, I realized I didn't do that before i started on the car. I'm not going to touch the motor until the chassis is done so no RB things for a while.

I made the 1st dump run with junk from the car. I'm glad to be throwing these seats away so they don't end up in another car.

The company I work for is based out of Carrollton, GA and I have to go up there for the month or so and I wont have much time to work on the car until I come back home from all that.

I figured I'd change the fuel filters on my truck before I hit the road. I installed a Fass 150 external pump on it last year when the lift pump in the tank went out. It's a sweet setup, if anyones into the diesel thing. I'm not running a programmer or any black smoke mods for anyone wondering.

I'm free'd up for the evening now so I'm going fishing. I'll bring some more updates in the near future.

Last edited by Danb; 06-16-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote