View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xitsalgin View Post
Loving that HKS style valve cover! What a cool build!
Thanks, There are many little details and parts I haven't touched on yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrvasour View Post
Amazing attention to detail! Love this build.
The devil is in the details.

Keeping up with the little details, I've replaced the old hard rubber hood stoppers with brand new ones.

Since all the hicas garbage has been removed, I now only have 1 hardline going across the firewall. The plastic factory clips were brittle , cracked and mostly crumbled away to nothing when I stripped the engine bay. To solve this I inserted #10-24 Riv nuts in the existing holes in the cowl and used Stainless button head cap screws and little "P" clips to hold the brake line in place.

Black clips would be Ideal but these do the trick for the time being

I got the OEM GTR bumper fitting as best as I could with the stock GTS fenders and corner lights. It is about 95% right now. There is a gap of a couple mm where the wheel arch on the bumper meets the wheel arch of the fender. This is unavoidable when putting a GTR bumper on a GTS but I doubt it will be that noticeable once the bumpers are painted.

GTR fenders are slightly wider so brackets will have to be to bolt into existing holes under the cornerlights to "suck" the bumper so it meets up with the stock fenders.

As you can see, I also got new belts. For those who have an RB20 and need belts the Alternator is Pn. 4PK870 and Power Steering is Pn. 4PK0945.

The wiring party kicked off last night as well. The fuse box is getting relocated to the glovebox and the harness is getting simplified to remove all the unnecessary wires that were for AC, retractable lip and other things that have been removed from the car.

As a bonus, The brake fluid level sensor connector is the same on the Pathfinder BMC as the OEM skyline one so that was kept and extended,

The car came with the useless projector headlights from factory and were changed for N1/ early GTS style headlights. Like the A/c all the unused connectors and wires were deleted. As of now the only wires headed to the front of the car are Headlights, Turn signals, Horn and the brake fluid level sensor.

once finally tested, everything will be loomed up and tucked under the top rad support.

The stock boost gauge sensor has been relocated to behind the radio along with the wiper regulator.

I hope to have a lot of the wiring buttoned up this weekend, I cant wait to get everything back together.