View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #65
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole
I like the theme of your interior, but for a full race car I would've done a cluster on the steering column. You don't need a speedo/ stock temp & fuel gauge for a race setup (well, fuel might be nice to know, but as long as you can see it at all even if not at a glance). I'm also hoping you're doing a full roll cage with side intrusion bars... especially if you're gutting the doors...

Anyways, nice build up and updates! Hope you get everything sorted out, regardless of flames and what not.

i cant afford Tach and fuel level sensor just yet, thats teh only reason i have kept the factory cluster in place. When i eliminate that i will put Fuel Level, Tech, maybe small speedo, and my water temp gauge. But i need teh other gauges because my time on track is so long in teh straits i can glance over an monitor everythgin really quick too see how EGT, Oil Press, Oil Temp, Water Temp and boost are all doing, gauges are rotated so that when at operating temps and pressures they all point strait up, so it does only take a glace to check everything.

I am getting a 4pnt roll bar built in a few weeks, i cant go 6pnt yet because i cant afford the Sparco seats i want just yet along with harness, so stock seats will have to do for now. The 4 pntis made to my design after being at many track events and working track events i have a specific design and standards i want followed, and when the 4pnt gets added onto to become a 6 pnt, it will again be my design for the shop to build around me. its all legal setups just strong and reliable.

thanks for the input tho, ill post more pics as things change

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote